Updated: March 8, 2023
Floorball Betting with Bitcoin? Here’s How in 2023
Fast, entertaining, and fun to bet on – especially when Bitcoin casinos are involved. That’s floorball for you.
This lesser-known team sport is a type of floor hockey, with three to five field players and one goalkeeper on each side. Betting on it is nothing new, but betting with crypto certainly is.
A few years ago, you’d be hard-pressed to find a BTC floorball betting site. But now, they’re all over.
There’s quite a lot to know about this action-packed sport, so stick around and we’ll take you through:
- The best sportsbooks for floorball betting with Bitcoin
- How to bet on floorball using BTC and other cryptos
- Top tips to maximize your odds
- How floorball works
Ready? Let’s roll.
Our Top Picks
In a rush to start wagering on an upcoming match? We don’t blame you. You can skip the details and head on over to any one of our best Bitcoin floorball betting sites:
Unpacking the Best Bitcoin Floorball Betting Sites
Still here? Great, because there is so much more to uncover about this thrilling sport and these top-tier Bitcoin sportsbooks where you can bet on it. You’ve already seen our top 3 picks, but you may be wondering exactly why we chose them.
Well, wonder no more! All of our picks share the following traits:
- Intuitive sportsbooks
- Good range of floorball odds and markets
- Speedy Bitcoin deposits and withdrawals
- Generous bonuses to help you maximize your odds
So, without further ado, let’s break down our choices.
BC.Game: #1 Site for BTC Floorball Betting
We had no trouble choosing BC.Game Casino as our top choice for floorball betting with Bitcoin.
Why? For one, it has a great selection of floorball betting markets and odds, more so than any other sportsbook we’ve reviewed. As we mentioned before, floorball isn’t a mainstream sport worldwide.
In spite of this, we love to see a main player like BC.Game giving it the attention it’s due. You can bet on both major and minor leagues, including standalone matches and the World Floorball Championships (WFC).
When it comes to bets, you can choose between the two most popular floorball markets:
- 1×2: Also known as a win or draw, you can bet on 1 (the home win) the x (the draw), or 2 (the away win).
- Total: You might know it as the over/under market. Here, you can wager on whether a statistic from a match will be higher or lower than a specific value. In the case of floorball, this statistic is usually the number of points scored.
The great news is that there’s even more to love about BC.Game’s sportsbook:
- Logical layout and easy-to-use interface
- Quick bet feature that ensures fuss-free betting
- Fast loading speeds
And don’t even get us started on BC.Game’s bonuses. Although the casino doesn’t have floorball-specific bonuses, you’ll find a massive welcome bonus to get you started on the right foot. You can find all the details in our dedicated BC.Game review.
BC.Game ticks all of our boxes. What about yours? Sign up and start betting right away:
Stake Casino just narrowly missed first place, simply because they didn’t have as many betting markets as BC.Game. However, they still have excellent odds on all the upcoming floorball matches.
Our favorite thing about Stake? Their crystal-clear live streaming services. You can make the most of in-play betting and enjoy the game, all on Stake’s sportsbook. It couldn’t get more convenient.
Note that depending on your region, you may have some trouble watching the live stream. We advise reaching out to customer services and making sure, so you don’t miss out on any of the action.
Stake also facilitates lightning-fast Bitcoin deposits, so you won’t need to wait long before placing your first bet. If you feel like betting with another crypto, no problem. Stake has a great selection of altcoins and stablecoins alike.
Looking forward to placing live bets at Stake? Don’t let us stop you:
Bringing up the rear is Cloudbet Casino, yet another excellent option for floorball betting with Bitcoin.
Though Stake and BC.Game trump Cloudbet in terms of available markets, Cloudbet has a stellar reputation for fast payouts, solid licensing, and great customer service (which comes in handy if you’re ever in a pinch half-way through a floorball match).
If you ever get tired of floorball betting, or more likely, when you’re waiting for the next big match, you can try betting on the other 30+ sports categories offered by this casino.
Want to try your luck at Cloudbet? Sign up here:
How to Bet on Floorball with Bitcoin
If you’ve ever bet on sports using crypto before, you’ll know how easy it is. If not, don’t worry! We’ve got you covered with our step-by-step guide:
- Set up a Bitcoin wallet: If you don’t have one, there’s no time like the present. Conveniently, we compiled a list of the best wallets for BTC gambling for you to choose from.
- Purchase BTC: Once your wallet’s up and running, head over to any major exchange and buy some BTC.
- Choose a Bitcoin floorball betting site: Choose one of our top-rated BTC floorball bookies and sign up. Make sure to choose ‘Bitcoin’ as your preferred currency, and you’ll be given a unique address to send your tokens to.
- Send tokens to your casino account: Send tokens to the unique address and wait for them to reflect in your account.
- Place bets: Finally, for the fun part! You’re now ready to place bets and, if you’re lucky, make a great return.
Despite its widespread popularity in Europe, we wouldn’t blame you for not knowing much about floorball. In fact, some members of our team hadn’t heard of it at all! If you’re like them, we’ll get you up to speed in no time.
Floorball first cropped up in Sweden in the 1960s, but it was only decades later in 1986 when the International Floorball Federation (IFF) was founded. Today, this sports is played in 80+ countries. The World Floorball Championships (WFC) is the most prominent floorbal competition to date.
Every floorball field player carries a stick. The keeper, on the other hand, dons a helmet and other protective gear. The iconic floorball stick is specifically engineered for top-tier handling and ball control, and the curved angle makes it perfect for shooting the ball into the goal post. Since these sticks are incredibly lightweight, it makes sense that the floorball itself is small, hollow, and made up of plastic.
Rink and Goal
The floorball rink has a barrier of connected boards, made of plastic or wood. Cleverly, the corners of the boards are rounded, better enabling players to keep the ball in play. Most rinks are 40 x 20 m in size, and have distinct markings to show:
- Goalkeeper areas
- Center spot
- Center line
- Face-off dots
The goal post, in comparison to the rink, is pretty small at 160 cm x 115 cm. This goes without saying, but the objective of the game is to shoot more goals than the opposing team. The small rink and tiny goalpost make for a most exciting viewing experience.
Perhaps one of the most interesting parts about floorball is the fact that goalies can play on their knees! They can stand, too, of course, and can stop the ball in any direction by kicking, batting, or catching it with their hands or feet- so long as they’re inside the goal box.
Each professional floorball game consists of three 20-minute segments, meaning one game lasts 60 minutes (excluding breaks in between). During any match, you’ll bare witness to surprising tactics, show-stopping plays, and thrilling goals – most of which, if you’re lucky, coming from your favorite team.
Despite all this fun, there are several rules that must be observed. For example, players must not:
🚫 Tackle, obstruct, or push an opponent
🚫 Play the ball above knee-level
🚫 Jump upwards to stop the ball
🚫 Play the ball through an opponent’s legs (sorry, soccer fans!)
What happens if a player breaks these rules?
Well, depending on the severity of the offence, both penalties and free hits are on the table. Sometimes players will be sent to the bench area (A.K.A the Naughty Corner) for 2, 5, or 10 minutes. In some cases, they’re barred from returning to the game at all. Fortunately, each team can have up to four extra players on the sidelines who can be subbed in at any point in the game.
Top Tips for BTC Floorball Betting
If you’ve ever bet on sports before, you’ll know that there’s no way to guarantee a win. You shouldn’t put any stock into secret strategies or ‘tried-and-tested’ betting tricks, either.
So, what can you do?
- Practice bankroll management: Budget, budget, budget. As un-fun as that sounds, this is the only way you’re going to grow your bankroll and make sure you always have some BTC to bet on the next game.
- Don’t bet on your favorite team: Unless your favorite team happens to be the best of the best, of course. Sometimes, it’s all too easy to get lost in the hype and bet a hefty sum on your preferred team. Try to get rid of your bias and bet on the team with the best chances of winning, not just because you like them.
- Do your research: You’ve probably heard this one before, and that’s because it’s pretty important. Researching a team, its players, coaches, and even the location of the match is essential if you plan to make an informed bet.
- Use bonuses to your advantage: Use welcome bonuses (and sports-specific bonuses) wherever you can. They can help you boost your bankroll and minimize your losses – so long as they have reasonable wagering requirements.
Phew, you made it! And just in time, too, because 2023 is packed full with a plethora of Bitcoin floorball betting opportunities. Making fast, anonymous deposits and betting on the best teams has never been easier.
As more and more Bitcoin floorball betting sites pop up, we’ll be sure to review them and update our list if they make the cut. For now, you can rest assured that you’ll find the best offering of odds, markets, and bonuses at any one of our top sites for floorball betting with Bitcoin: