Dash was created in 2014 to become a practical alternative for Bitcoin. It has been successful so far; for a better part of this decennium, Dash was the preferred coin for tips and other microtransactions.
The coin is a Bitcoin fork and uses the same technology. However, when comparing the two coins, Dash wins in certain critical areas:
- Faster transactions
- Lower transaction costs
- Improved privacy
When it comes to privacy, Dash attempts to generate untraceable payments through an option called PrivateSend.
Dash can also be mined.
In the past, mining cryptocurrencies such as Dash used to be relatively easy. Nowadays, the competition is so fierce that it’s preferable to leave it to the pros. As a beginner, you should instead use Dash at your favorite casino.
Best Dash Casinos
As modern and convenient as Dash is, it’s still money. This means that you need to be careful about where you deposit your funds.
Several online casinos are accepting Dash, and some are more trustworthy than others. We’ve hand-picked the following as the very best Dash casinos.
Dash is not so different from other cryptocurrencies when it comes to bonuses.
If your casino offers both fiat and crypto money (such as at Bitstarz), you often get a better deal when playing with cryptocurrencies.
If you want to receive a welcome bonus in Dash, all you have to do is make your first deposit with this coin at a Dash casino. Just remember to choose Dash as your currency if other options are available!
Benefits Of Dash
The most important benefit is speed. Just as a comparison, Bitcoin transactions can take up to 10 minutes, while Dash can process a transaction in 4 seconds. This is quite a difference!
Let’s have a look at other advantages of Dash, which can be quite handy when playing at any online casino:
- High Speed
- Low Cost
- Hybrid Consensus
- Voting System
Besides the higher speed, the transaction cost is also much lower when using Dash.
Another advantage of Dash is the lack of hard forks.
To understand a bit more how this favors Dash over its direct competitors, let’s have a look at Bitcoin.
Throughout its lifetime, Bitcoin was faced with issues within the chain itself, often requiring the creation of another coin to solve them.
This is called a ‘hard fork’ and is the process behind the origin of Bitcoin Cash.
Since Dash works with a voting system that makes it easier to implement changes, it doesn’t need hard forks, which brings stability to the coin.
Casino Games You Can Play With Dash
Before, only a few rough titles were all that was available. Now, you can choose from many different games.
- Dash Slots: Even though you can play slots from several big providers when using Dash nowadays, some names are still missing from that list, most notably NetEnt and Microgaming. To soften the pain, you can still enjoy games by Betsoft, ELK Studios, Endorphina, and much more.
- Dash Poker: When it comes to playing video poker and (live) casino poker, you have plenty of options when using Dash. Most casinos offering this cryptocurrency also feature at least a few options in one of these categories. If you want to play real tournaments, however, things might get tricky, as there aren’t many poker clients available that accept Dash.
- Dash Blackjack: As one of the oldest casino games, it’s only natural that you can play blackjack when paying with Dash. Most casinos have at least one version of the game, while some even offer an entire range. From casino blackjack to live blackjack, there are Dash blackjack games in all shapes, sizes, and languages.
- Dash Roulette: Roulette is another immensely popular game that is ubiquitous at online casinos. If you find a casino that accepts Dash, you’ll likely find many different versions of roulette, be it as a simple table game or a live casino with a real dealer.
Dash Casino Dapps
Dash casinos come in all shapes and sizes, but, unfortunately, Dash Dapps are not quite a thing just yet… with one notable exception.
Even though there aren’t many casino Dapps for Dash yet, there is a Dash lotto. This is a provably fair game with a daily jackpot and a weekly jackpot. The latter is progressive; the more players it has, the higher the prize.
Dash Lotto is bare and underdeveloped even by Dapp standards, so don’t expect anything fancy.
If you’re looking for Dash Dapps, you might have to wait until something a bit more complex gets released into the market.
Deposits And Withdrawals
As a casino player, you will notice several benefits when paying with Dash:
- Lightning-fast payments and withdrawals
- Higher margins than with fiat currencies.
- Lower deposit limits and (often) unlimited withdrawals.
With a licensed Dash casino, you might, however, be subjected to a KYC check at least once in your player lifetime.
If you prefer to avoid that, you can choose to play in a provably fair casino.
Dash is lightning-fast for a low price.
Give it a try!
Since Dash is a cryptocurrency, not all regulated gambling markets accept it as a legal form of payment.
This means that several Dash casinos do not hold a gambling license, either because they’re not required or because they’re not allowed to.
In certain jurisdictions where casinos only need a license if they handle monetary transactions, this could even create a legal loophole.
If cryptocurrencies such as Dash are not recognized as real money, the country cannot enforce its regulations on the casino.
This works in two different ways for you as a player:
- On the one hand, you don’t need to identify yourself in unregulated casinos. This could be an advantage if you’re looking to protect your privacy.
- On the other hand, unlicensed casinos don’t offer the same guarantees as casinos with valid licenses, especially if they’re not provably fair.
In our opinion, you’re always better off at a licensed casino, even if it means having to give up on full anonymity.
Are Dash Casinos Safe?
Don’t despair: there are plenty of safe and licensed Dash casinos for you to discover.
For instance, as one of the world’s most trusted cryptocurrency casinos, FortuneJack is always a great choice.
Just make sure you choose a Dash casino with a good reputation and, preferably, a reputable license and provably fair games.