Ethereum is a decentralised network that uses blockchain technology. It's possible to run applications that are distributed over the entire network. These applications are also being referred to as Dapps (decentralized apps).
Because of the fact that the applications are being spread out over the entire network, the chance of a single application being taken offline is almost non-existent.
The result of this is that Dapps are resistant against data loss, manipulation and censorship. This same Ethereum network is also the home of the Ether, a digital currency that works like a fuel type.
The Ethers are necessary to make changes to the Ethereum blockchain. When users make transactions between them, they need to pay a fee in order to pay the miners who ensure the transactions are entered into the blockchain.
Best Casinos To Play With Ethereum
When looking at a casino to play with Ethereum, you should take a number of things into consideration.
The most important factor is safety, followed by games and bonuses that are offered. Take a look at the list below to find out which casinos are most reliable for Ethereum players.
Unlike some run-of-the-mill gambling sites out there, BitStarz offers a complete playing experience. Arguably one of the best Bitcoin casinos overall, it includes a vast selection of games from all the top providers, and it's full of mouth-watering promotions. It asks you to "Dream big, win bigger," and it lives up to this ambitious slogan with accolades such as the Best Online Casino Award (2018) and the Player's Choice Award (2019).
Bonus 5 BTC + 180 Free Spins
Wagering Requirement 40x
No Deposit Bonus 20 Free Spins
Live Chat Yes
Backed by a mother company that owns 35 casinos, mBit Casino offers you great benefits. First and foremost, there is a great number of games from all of the best providers in the industry. You are also entitled to a nice number of bonuses with an intergalactic theme. To top it all off, you can pay with either cryptocurrencies or regular currencies and you have a great support team at your disposal 24 hours a day.
Bonus 5 BTC + 300 Free spins
Wagering Requirement 35x
No Deposit Bonus -
Live Chat Yes
About True Flip
Enjoy the nice welcome bonus at True Flip casino. With this you can enjoy their varied game offer that consists of games by market leaders as well as games the casino developed in house. Decide for yourself which ones are the best. You can pay with cryptocurrencies as well as fiat currencies and the customer support is available all hours of the day. The team members are even available through Telegram on your mobile phone.
Bonus 1 BTC + 50 Free Spins
Wagering Requirement 35x
No Deposit Bonus -
Live Chat Yes
BitStarz is not only a multiple award winning crypto casino, it is also very friendly towards Ethereum players. The deposits and withdrawals are instant and without any cost.
They also start at a low minimum of 0.01 ETH and are much higher than with other currencies.
You get this at a casino that offers many bonuses and games on a great, intuitive layout. The casino is also very safe, it's RNG Certified and even offers provably fair games.
Just like BitStarz, mBit is also very Ethereum friendly with free and instant deposits and withdrawals that start at 0.01 ETH.
The maximum withdrawals are much higher when playing with Ethereum.
When it comes to promotions, at the time of writing this casino offered the best bonuses for Ethereum players. Even better than all other currencies. However, as the cryptocurrency is very volatile, this can change pretty quickly.
Luckily, everything else in this casino is up to standard, from the bonuses to the games on offer and the reliability.
At True Flip you get a more thorough answer when it comes to processing times. It tells you it needs 25 confirmations before a payment is processed instead of calling it instant.
This is how you see that this casino is really created for crypto players.
Everything else is more than fine as well in this casino. There is fair amount of bonuses available, there are many games on offer, some of which are even original and it's safe to play there.
When you use Ethers to play in a casino, you are entitled to any bonus that players using other (crypto) currencies are entitled to in your country as well. But because the volatility of the cryptocurrency your bonus might turn out to be worth more or less after you receive it. You can see this as betting on your bonus as well as on the games.
An example of a bonus is: 100% up to 15 ETH every Friday - this is a format that you might be familiar with.
If you prefer to not take a risk with your bonus, it might be a good idea to search for a casino that offers free spins. Because you are entitled to those as well.
Benefits Of Ethereum
The biggest benefit of the Ethereum is that it is safe to use. Applications belonging to this network are protected against digital attacks and fraud. It is also not possible for a third party to make changes to the data. This makes censorship impossible as well.
- Data cannot be changed
- Censorship impossible
- Low transaction cost
- Easy to use and flexible
Despite of all of this, the blockchain is easy to program and also very flexible. Lastly, the transaction costs are low in comparison to other cryptocurrencies.
Ethereum Casino Games
As the Ether is becoming more popular, there are also more crypto casinos every week that offer this cryptocurrency as a payment option. And why shouldn't they? It's a great way to attract new players, who otherwise might never enter an online casino. Time to see what kind of games Ethereum enthusiasts can play in online casinos.
- Ethereum Slots: Even though the amount of casinos that offer Ethereum as a payment option is slowly catching up, the number of slotmachines you can play with the cryptocurrency is not lagging behind at all. You can be sure to find all the big providers like NetEnt, Quickspin, Microgaming, Yggdrasil and more. Some of the crypto casinos even offer games from smaller providers like Bgaming, Ezugi and Felix Gaming. That means there are more than enough options when it comes to slot machines.
- Ethereum Poker: Since Ethereum is still relatively unknown in the casino world, and there are much less poker sites than there are casinos, it's hard to find a place to play poker with this cryptocurrency. Most of the sites you find will be based in the US and directed towards American players. That doesn't mean that you cannot try it out anyway. Just make sure that the site is reliable and has a trustworthy license first. Something that might be nice to mention; there are poker sites that convert your Ethers directly to your currency of preference, so you don't have to worry about the volatility of the cryptocurrency when playing.
- Ethereum Blackjack: Casinos that accept Ethereum as a payment method work the same as other online casinos. That means that you can play all the same games, including Blackjack. Whether it be in the table games section, or in the live casino, you'll get plenty of different versions of this game to choose from. As one of the eldest and most popular casino games, you couldn't expect anything else.
- Ethereum Roulette: Nearly anyone who thinks of a casino, thinks about Roulette or Blackjack as well. The two classic table games could never be left out of any casino. That is why you won't have to worry about being able to play Roulette in an Ethereum casino. You'll even get various options of the game to choose from.
Ethereum Casino Dapps
There are a number of casino Dapps available for players who choose to pay with Ethereum. Two Dapps that are worth a try are listed below.
- Dice2.win: One of the apps that sticks out for Ethereum is Dice2.win. On this app you can only play dice games, instead of the casino games that you are used to, but it has a lot of great benefits. For one you get to discover a new type of game and you can play with wagers as low as 0.01 ETH. Other than that this app is also provably fair.
- Casinofair: Then there's another app called CasinoFair. This casino is also provably fair and pays winnings directly to your wallet. The difference is that at this casino you can play on slotmachines and you are entitled to a welcome bonus and other promotions. So it feels a bit more like a regular online casino. However most games are table or instant games.
Deposit And Withdrawal
If you play in a normal casino using Ethereum, then the process is quite similar to when you pay with other cryptocurrencies. You'll probably have a quicker processing time and smaller fee, if any, but that's basically it. With casino apps this is quite a different story.
Since the games are provably fair, often the casino doesn't have a license. You should only play at licensed or provably fair casinos. Which means you can skip the KYC obligations and get your wins straight to your Ethereum wallet.
Ethereum is very safe to use.
Give it a try!
One thing you should bear in mind when playing in a casino using Ethereum is that you are responsible for the value fluctuation of the cryptocurrency. Most casinos will offer the payment method, but not a currency conversion.
So if you play with Ethers, you'll be paid out in Ethers. No matter whether their value changed in the meantime. This might be nice because it brings an extra edge to the games.
Another thing to keep in mind is that you should never play in a casino that doesn't have a license. Unlicensed casinos don't need to be registered anywhere and that makes it easy for them to disappear with your money.
That's why you should be extra cautious about playing in a random casino. Or just choose a provably fair casino.
It might also be a good idea to play at a casino that is available in your language, making sure that you understand all terms and conditions.