Blackjack is one of the most popular casino games out there. Even men of action such as James Bond (License to Kill, 1989) and Austin Powers (1997) can’t resist this game. And, the beloved game’s popularity only grew as online casinos – and more recently, crypto casinos – began to pop up.
Blockchain technology has turned the traditional game of blackjack on its head – in the best of ways. Today, you can enjoy blackjack with added perks such as instant transactions, provably fair results, and lucrative bonuses while playing with your favorite crypto.
In this guide, we’ll take you through:
- The very best casinos and Dapps for Bitcoin blackjack.
- How to choose a Bitcoin casino to play at.
- How to pay and play safely.
- How to maximize your fun and, hopefully, your payout.
So, without further ado, let’s jump straight into it:
Best Bitcoin Blackjack Sites
Blackjack games have a widespread appeal, enticing hardened gamblers and newcomers alike:
- Casual players enjoy the rush of a winning hand.
- Seasoned blackjack strategists get an extra thrill of luck’s impact (even when they know the game through and through).
This mix of luck and strategy makes blackjack the perfect Bitcoin gambling game. Are you anxious to get started? We won’t keep you waiting!
Here’s a quick list of our favorite Bitcoin blackjack casinos:
Why did we choose them? Let’s unpack each casino in detail to show you what makes them so perfect in all things blackjack:
Breaking Down the Top BTC Blackjack Casinos
We reviewed hundreds of Bitcoin blackjack sites in search for the best options before settling on our top 3 picks. Each of them have the following traits in common:
- Stellar blackjack titles
- Great house edges
- Bonuses aplenty
Let’s start off with our favorite BTC blackjack site:
Stake: Best for Provably Fair Blackjack
Best for: Provably fair blackjack
Pros & Cons
- Provably fair blackjack title
- Low blackjack house edges (0.5%)
- Frequent bonuses and promotions
- Easy-to-navigate website
❌ No traditional welcome bonus up for grabs
First up on our list, Stake Casino offers a decent range of 7 blackjack games, and it’s really a case of quality over quantity. Here’s what you need to know:
- The in-house virtual blackjack is provably fair and offers a high RTP.
- The blackjack games have a low house edge of 0.5%.
- The site has a huge table games selection, including poker, baccarat, and roulette.
We like that Stake has a devoted blackjack section where you’ll find a mix of original games and live dealer titles. Stake’s second original blackjack title is developed by OneTouch and it runs on RNG technology. Here, you can also play blackjack for free using the ‘free play’ mode if you want to get some practice in before betting with real crypto on the line.
Beyond blackjack, Stake offers all the general casino perks you would expect, like generous bonus schemes and regular promotions to loyal players. The site’s user-friendly interface also makes it perfect for blackjack fans exploring the world of crypto casinos for the first time.
If you’re looking for a trusted blackjack casino with a few live dealer options, Stake is a great choice:
BC.Game: Best for Bonuses
Best for: Bonuses & promotions
Pros & Cons
- In-house, provably fair blackjack game
- 52 blackjack titles available
- Excellent blackjack RTPs of 99% and above
- Bonuses and promotions galore
❌ KYC may be required
One of our top brands overall, BC.Game boasts unique perks for blackjack lovers. We found it very appropriate that the casino has 52 blackjack games available, many of which have RTPs exceeding 99%. This is great news for players looking to get the most bang for their buck.
We thoroughly enjoyed BC.Game’s in-house and provably fair title. It guarantees a nostalgic online blackjack experience with the added perk of being able to test the fairness of each round’s results.
Another area where this blackjack casino excels is the bonus department. The generous BC.Game welcome bonus comprises a whopping 1,080% deposit match spread across your first four deposits. Add in the Daily Wheel spin (giving you the chance to win up to 5 BTC) and you can probably see why BC.Game is king when it comes to bonuses.
Ready to use BC.Game’s illustrious promos to boost your blackjack game? Sign up here:
Rocketpot: Best for Blackjack Variety
Best for: Blackjack variety
Pros & Cons
- 140+ blackjack games available
- Original blackjack title developed in-house
- Generous welcome bonus up for grabs
❌ No provably fair blackjack games
❌ KYC may be required
If you’re all about blackjack variety, then Rocketpot Casino is your best bet. This casino boasts 144 blackjack titles, one of which has been developed in-house. In other words, you won’t find it anywhere else. Unfortunately, this Rocketpot exclusive is not provably fair, unlike the in-house blackjack games you’ll find at Stake and BC.Game.
Although you won’t be able to test the fairness yourself, you can trust in this casino’s regularly-audited RNG technology to keep their games (including blackjack) fair.
In any event, Rocketpot’s huge blackjack variety knocks the ball out of the park. Compared to Stake and BC.Game’s selections (7 and 52, respectively) Rocketpot’s blackjack portfolio is hard to beat. You’ll find blackjack games by some of the industry’s top providers, including Playtech, Pragmatic Play, and Bombay Live.
Dive into Rocketpot’s library and take your pick:
Dapps, or decentralized apps, are applications, built on the blockchain. This means they can:
- Provide provably fair games and ensure provable fairness by design.
- Offer anonymous gambling for privacy-forward players.
- Share profits with their users (most do it through a proprietary token).
- Offer low house edges and excellent RTP.
And, as an added benefit, most Dapps allow you to play straight out of your wallet. There is no need to deposit crypto – just connect your favorite Bitcoin wallet.
So, are there any good blackjack Dapps? We’re so glad you asked:
EarnBet: Anonymous Blackjack
Best for: Anonymous blackjack
Pros & Cons
- Provably fair blackjack game
- Anonymous gambling offered
- Connect with a wallet for instant transactions
❌ Small games selection (6)
Our #1 blackjack Dapp, EarnBet offers all provably fair games with simple designs, but amazing RTPs. This casino has an in-house virtual blackjack game with a meager 0.5% house edge (bringing your RTP to 99.5%) and it gives you a chance to win the jackpot, too.
To play for the jackpot:
- Bet 0.00000375 BTC on any EarnBet game (including blackjack).
- Click the “Jackpot” box.
- You’ll pay 0.000025 BTC to enter the competition.
- Spin and keep your fingers crossed.
If you spin a 7,777,777, you get the Golden Ticket – and, yes, the full jackpot amount!
EarnBet is a decentralized casino platform, meaning that it’s built entirely on the blockchain. What does mean for you as a player? For starters, instant transactions, no on-site fees, and no KYC.
Enjoy all these perks at EarnBet today:
How We Picked the Top Bitcoin Blackjack Sites
At Casinos Blockchain, we know all the research in the world can’t replace real-life experience. That’s why our approach is a mix of hands-on testing and reading up about the casinos. Here’s how we do it:
- We shortlist promising casinos and deposit our own money.
Free bonuses are nice, but we know how different the experience is when you’re playing with your own money.
- We spend time at each casino, playing blackjack games.
We evaluate the range of games, animation, house edge, provable fairness, and more.
- We talk to customer service, both to get help and to see how they treat players.
High-quality support is essential – you never know when you might run into a problem and you want a casino that will help you out right away.
- We read up on what other players have to say about their experience at the casino.
We use a range of review sites and forums to do that, plus, we ask around our own casino-loving friends.
In other words, we put each casino through its paces to see if it really deserves a spot on our top list. If it doesn’t meet our standards, it doesn’t make the cut.
Types of Blackjack Games
Currently, you’ll find two categories of blackjack games at your blockchain casino of choice:
- Video blackjack
- Live blackjack
Both can be fun, engaging, and, hopefully, quite profitable. So let’s have a look at how they work and where you can play them with Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
Video blackjack is simple, casual, and a more solo experience. While you will find a few provably fair video blackjack games, most of them will be powered by RNG technology. You won’t have to interact with anyone, and you don’t have to feel guilt-tripped into tipping the dealer.
On the other hand, some players find that having a real dealer in the mix adds a certain thrill to the game that video blackjack just can’t compete with. In any case, it’s all down to personal preference.
Like we said:
Since video blackjack games can easily be provably fair, they’re very crypto-friendly.
Several casinos have a vast range of video blackjack games, such as:
- Simple one-hand games
- Multi-hand virtual tables
- High-roller (VIP) tables with large buy-ins
- Newcomer-friendly tables with small buy-ins
- Streamlined provably fair blackjack
So, what’s the best site for virtual blackjack? Surprise surprise, it’s:
Bitcoin Live Blackjack Games
Live Bitcoin blackjack games offer a more immersive experience than their video counterparts.
- Instead of a virtual dealer, you have a live dealer handing out the cards.
- The gameplay is then streamed online, reaching your favorite device.
- You can take your (virtual) seat at a table among other online players.
- Your hand is then played against the dealers’, following a predefined set of rules.
- Most games even offer a live chat where you can talk to the hosts and players.
However, the gameplay itself is quite similar, with casinos offering the same type of blackjack games (multi-hand vs single hand; low-entry vs high-roller tables).
Two industry giants develop the most beloved Bitcoin blackjack games:
- NetEnt: Although NetEnt specialize in slot machines, they don’t let other casino games take a backseat. The live blackjack range is quite popular as well, including a common-draw version of the game.
- Evolution Gaming: The undisputed market leader, Evolution offers a vast range of blackjack games with friendly dealers and high production values.
Therefore, we recommend Bitcoin casinos where at least one of the two previously mentioned game studios is available. Stake Casino, yet again, is an excellent example:
Bitcoin Blackjack Variants
Falling into the two abovementioned categories are hundreds of different blackjack games, each with a new theme or a different set of rules. This diversity is what makes Bitcoin table games like blackjack so popular, and if you’ve ever played blackjack at a BTC casino before, you may have stumbled across some of these beloved variants:
- European Blackjack: Played with two decks instead of the usual six to eight decks. The dealer also only received one card at the beginning of the game (instead of two).
- Spanish 21: In this variant, 10s are removed and a bunch of new bonuses and rules are introduced. As an example, you can double down on any number of cards, and you’ll receive a special payout for certain combinations.
- Blackjack Switch: Here, you are dealt two hands instead of one, and can switch cards between the two hands. You can also double down on each hand.
- Double Exposure Blackjack: Both of the dealer’s cards are dealt face up. An advantage, yes, but there are some more rules to contend with. As an example, players can only double down on a hand valuing 9, 10, or 11 – and the dealer wins all ties except blackjack.
These are just a few of the many different variants out there, and the good news is that you can explore them all at any of our top-rated sites where you can play blackjack with Bitcoin.
How To Choose A Good Casino For Blackjack
Now that we covered our casino favorites and some of the top games you’ll find at any one of them, you’re probably wondering how the heck to choose the best one. We’ve been clear about our favorite (Stake) but in the end, it all boils down to personal preference.
However, we can still give you a few tips to help you decide on your best crypto blackjack casino fit.
1. Decide What’s Important For You
It’s good to ask yourself what matters to you when playing blackjack with Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies.
- Do you value variety in games?
Would you rather have more bonuses available?
Are provably fair games important?
- Do you want many payment options or your favorite cryptocurrency is enough?
It’s never a bad idea for you to make a list of priorities and then opt for a casino that ticks those boxes.
2. Find Information Online
Online forums and social networks can be reliable sources of information about online casinos.
Often, you can find insightful comments detailing, first-hand, how it is to play there. Just make sure you take what you read with a grain of salt since lucky winning streaks or bad losses can heavily influence people’s opinions.
- A good rule of thumb is to follow the general consensus. If most users say that a casino is good or bad, then you’re more likely to have that same experience.
Comparison sites and professional reviewers such as ours can also be a good way to learn about Bitcoin blackjack casinos and find useful tips. Of course, we’re not afraid to tell you to look at different websites as well and, just as with forums, follow the consensus.
3. Try It Out
Browsing the web searching for information is always a good idea, but there’s nothing like trying a casino for yourself.
- Most video blackjack games have a ‘play for free‘ mode where you can take them for a spin even before making a deposit.
- With live blackjack games, it can be a bit trickier to test the games for free, but some casinos do offer no deposit bonuses or generous welcome bonuses.
However, do remember that blackjack games usually don’t count 100% towards the bonus wagering requirements.
You won’t quite get the real Bitcoin blackjack experience until you sign up, however. There’s no way to know for sure if payments are as fast and hassle-free as a casino claims without depositing your own crypto.
Playing Blackjack With Cryptocurrencies
Though BTC is the most popular crypto for online gambling, it’s not the be-all and end-all at crypto casinos. More and more players are choosing to expand their crypto portfolios, and part of that process involves playing blackjack with different currencies. These include:
- Dogecoin: Players aren’t shying away from this iconic meme coin, and we’re seeing a bigger interest in Dogecoin blackjack every day!
- Ethereum: Playing Ethereum blackjack is nothing new! ETH has a dedicated player base and it’s the second-most popular crypto for gambling.
- Litecoin: You can also enjoy this iconic table game at several Litecoin blackjack sites! Hint: Stake, BC.Game, and Rocketpot all facilitate LTC transactions.
Even altcoins and branded tokens (such as True Flip’s exclusive True Flip Token) are becoming more common in the world of online casinos, which is great news for MetaMask and ERC-20 token enthusiasts.
Dapps are a bit more restrictive when it comes to accepted forms of payment. It’s common to find Dapps that only support a single currency, Tron being the most common.
Is Bitcoin Blackjack Safe? What About Other Cryptos?
If you’re new to the world of blockchain casinos and cryptocurrencies, they can seem a bit daunting at first. After all, there is an inherent risk of paying with them since their value can (and often does) fluctuate, and there are many technical words used to describe them.
However, playing blackjack with Bitcoin and other cryptos isn’t that different from playing it with fiat money, especially if you follow these tried and tested instructions:
- Choose licensed casinos with an outstanding reputation.
- Play provably fair games and games from reputable providers.
- Choose a stablecoin such as Tether if you’re worried about value fluctuation.
- Know your limits and play for fun.
Learn about the legal status of crypto casinos in your country of origin.
What’s more, depositing and withdrawing at blockchain casinos can be even safer and more comfortable than at regular casinos:
- Transactions allow for a higher degree of anonymity, so your personal data is safer
- Payments are faster and hassle-free
- There are no third parties involved, such as banks and financial institutions, that could compromise the transactions.
Blackjack isn’t difficult, but it is one of the more complex table games out there. So, before you jump into a heated game, let’s review the rules of blackjack:
The core mechanics of a blackjack game – in brick-and-mortar casinos, online casinos, and Dapps alike – are relatively simple:
- You start with two cards and then are dealt one card at a time until you win, lose, or forfeit.
- Your goal is to reach a total of 21 points (or as close to it as possible).
- You can never get above 21 points, or you will ‘bust’ and immediately lose the game.
- To make the game a bit more competitive, you’re always playing against a real or virtual dealer.
- The dealer will start with one face-up and one face-down card and play following the same rules as you (although they might be further restricted, more on that below).
If you ever get more than 21 points, the dealer’s hand doesn’t matter. You will always lose.
These rules apply even when playing blackjack at a table with several seats: no matter how many participate in the game, they all play against the dealer, and the game’s outcome has no weight in yours.
At every game of blackjack, each card has an assigned value:
- Cards from 2-10 have their corresponding numerical value: a 2 card is worth 2 points, a 3 card is worth 3 points, etc.
- Jacks, Queens, and Kings (often called ‘face cards) are worth 10 points each.
- The Ace is worth either 1 point or 11 points, whichever is more convenient for the player.
The value of all cards in your hand is added together whenever you’re dealt cards. If it reaches 21, you win! If it exceeds 21, you lose.
When playing a hand of blackjack, there are a few calls you can make:
- Bet: Before any cards are dealt, you place your initial bet.
- Hit: After your initial hand of two cards, you can request another one until you stop or you bust. This is called ‘hitting’.
- Stand: You can also decide to stick with the cards you have. Your point total will then be the amount you have on your hand at that point.
- Split Pairs: If you get dealt a starting hand with two identical cards, you can split them into two separate hands and double your initial stake.
- Double-Down: When you think your chances of winning are good, you can double your bet and immediately receive one additional card.
In addition, some blackjack tables offer other, more complex options, such as requesting insurance.
Playing a game of blackjack is really only about one thing: making the right call.
Is There A Winning Bitcoin Blackjack Strategy?
Unfortunately, there’s no foolproof Bitcoin blackjack strategy that will guarantee you a win. If there was, casinos would have a hard time making ends meet.
The first thing to remember is that blackjack is a game of luck.
No strategy is 100% foolproof.
Now that that’s out of the way, let’s have a look at certain practices that are generally considered effective when playing blackjack:
- Hit if the dealer’s card is above your hand total.
- Hit if the dealer’s card is high and your total is low.
- Similarly, stand if the dealer’s card is low and your total is high.
- Splitting a pair of 8s is generally a good idea as well.
- Don’t split a pair of 10s since that would be throwing away a hand of 20 points.
Did you notice a strategy we’re missing? That’s right – it’s the golden rule of blackjack:
Always (always, always) split your aces.
If you get two identically ranked cards (a pair), you can split them into separate hands. Then, you can ask for a new second card for each – but your initial bet should be identical to the original wage.
As a rule of thumb, you should split a pair of aces if you do get them. That’s because, as a starting hand, they’re very unfavorable together. But, in two hands, they really increase your chances of getting 21. Some brick-and-mortar casinos even limit the times you can do that – that’s because they lose on split aces so often.
Luckily, virtual blackjack doesn’t limit your ace-splitting. So please, always follow the golden rule. You can thank us later! More controversial methods, such as counting cards, are considered obsolete at online casinos.
Crypto Blackjack Tips
Whether you’re just starting or you’re a seasoned blackjack pro, there are a few things you should always keep in mind when playing online blackjack:
- First, make sure the casino is licensed, or that the Dapp is provably fair.
- Second, never wager more money than you can afford. If you’re new to the game, it may be helpful to watch a few games before playing yourself, and to play for free in order to get used to the game.
- In blackjack, it is also essential to be aware of the dealer’s visible card and to make the best possible decision based on that information. Charting down possible hands and memorizing the best decisions against the dealer’s card can help increase your chances of winning.
Finally, keep the game pleasant for everyone by avoiding chasing losses and maintaining a positive attitude.
Blackjack is one of the world’s favorite casino games. It’s a relatively simple game to understand, but it’s also one that’s filled with strategy and opportunities for skillful players to make a profit.
If you’re looking to get into blackjack, or if you’re already a fan of the game, Bitcoin blackjack is an amazing opportunity to have fun and make a profit. It offers all of the same thrills of regular blackjack, with the added benefit of a blockchain twist. Not only is it a great way to use your Bitcoin, but it’s also an opportunity to learn more about the game itself.
So, if you’re ready to try your hand at Bitcoin blackjack, here’s a last reminder of our top BTC blackjack choices: