Blackjack is one of the most popular casino games ever. Even men of action such as James Bond (License to Kill, 1989) and Austin Powers (1997) can’t resist this game.
This popularity has spread to the online world, including casinos where you can play blackjack at every top Bitcoin casino – as well as try it out with other cryptocurrencies.
On this page, you will learn all about:
- The very best casinos and Dapps to play Bitcoin blackjack.
- How to choose a cryptocurrency casino that fits your blackjack style.
- How to pay and play safely.
- How to maximize your fun and, hopefully, your profits.
So, without further ado, let’s jump straight into it:
Where To Play Blackjack With Bitcoin
Blackjack games have a widespread appeal, enticing hardened gamblers and newcomers alike:
- Casual players enjoy the rush of a winning hand.
- Seasoned blackjack strategists get an extra thrill of luck’s impact (even when they know the game through and through).
This mix of luck and strategy makes blackjack the perfect Bitcoin gambling game. Are you anxious to get started? We won’t keep you waiting!
Here’s a quick list of our favorite Bitcoin blackjack casinos:
How did we choose them? Let’s break it down:
How We Picked the Top Bitcoin Blackjack Sites
At Casinos Blockchain, we know all the research in the world can’t replace real-life experience. That’s why our approach is a mix of hands-on testing and reading up about the casinos. Here’s how we do it:
- We shortlist promising casinos and deposit our own money.
Free bonuses are nice, but we know how different the experience is when you’re playing with your own money.
- We spend time at each casino, playing blackjack games.
We evaluate the range of games, the animation, house edge, provable fairness, and more.
- We talk to customer service, both to get help and to see how they treat players.
High-quality support is essential – you never know when you might run into a problem and you want a casino that will help you out right away.
- We read up on what other players have to say about their experience at the casino.
We use a range of review sites and forums to do that, plus, we ask around our own casino-loving friends.
In other words, we put each casino through its paces to see if it really deserves a spot on our top list. If it doesn’t meet our standards, it doesn’t make the cut.
Breaking Down the Best Blackjack Casinos
We already gave you our top picks. But what makes each casino special? In this section, we break down the individual blackjack casino reviews.
One of our top brands overall, BC.Game boasts unique perks for blackjack lovers:
- With 99+ blackjack games, you will never be bored.
- Their original blackjack game has a super low house edge – meaning your RTP can be as high as 99.52%.
- There are multiple live games, including tables from your favorite providers.
Plus, BC.Game has advantages as a general crypto casino, too:
- You can withdraw and deposit any amount, instantly.
- They support 6+ languages and a ton of different payment methods.
- The casino offers a fully responsive mobile site.
- They have 24/7 customer support.
All in all, it’s no surprise BC.Game ranked as our favorite Bitcoin blackjack casino – and our top casino for multiple other awards, too, as you’ll find out in our BC.Game review. Try it out today:
Second on the list, Stake casino offers a smaller number of blackjack games (just 10), but it’s quality over quantity:
- The in-house virtual blackjack is provably fair and offers a high RTP.
- Their blackjack games have a low house edge of 0.5%.
- They have multiple additional casino games like poker, baccarat, and even a bunch of Bitcoin keno options.
Beyond blackjack, Stake offers all the general casino perks you would expect:
- They have exciting bonus schemes and offer frequent bonuses to loyal players.
- The casino has a super user-friendly interface that is great for new casino players.
- Stake does interesting sponsorships (including an ongoing partnership with Drake) to keep things fresh.
If you’re looking for a trusted blackjack casino with a few live dealer options, Stake is a great choice:
Last but not least, Cloudbet is one of the most well-established casinos in the crypto industry. They launched in 2013 and have a ton of experience in the space.
Aside from the 28 different blackjack games, Cloudbet also has an excellent portfolio of other favorites and a sportsbook.
But what about blackjack? We’re partial to the Switch Studios Multihand version – it comes with an amazing RTP of 99.69%. However, if this game doesn’t do it for you, Cloudbet has a huge variety of other blackjack options, too.
Types of Blackjack Games
Currently, there are two main types of blackjack games available at blockchain casinos:
- Video blackjack
- Live blackjack
Both can be fun, engaging, and, hopefully, quite profitable. So let’s have a look at where you can play them with Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
Video Blackjack Casinos
Video blackjack is more casual – and it’s also the easiest for an online casino to offer.
Because there’s no live dealer, electronic blackjack games tend to be less confrontational than their live casino counterparts. This can be good or bad, depending on your preferences:
💭 On the one hand, you don’t have to interact with anyone. You won’t have to tip either!
💭 On the other hand, the thrill of facing the dealer and beating the house isn’t quite there.
PROVABLY FAIR GAMES
Since video blackjack games can easily be provably fair, they’re very crypto-friendly.
In fact, the lack of any real human interaction makes them the perfect blackjack game for Bitcoin casinos since it severely reduces the possibility of fowl-play from the casino.
It’s no surprise, then, that Bitcoin video blackjack games are widely available in the crypto sphere.
Several casinos have a vast range of blackjack games, such as:
- Simple one-hand games
- Multi-hand virtual tables
- High-roller (VIP) tables with large buy-ins
- Newcomer-friendly tables with small buy-ins
- Streamlined provably fair blackjack
So what are our top picks for virtual blackjack?
Bitcoin Live Blackjack Casinos
Live blackjack tables offer a more immersive experience than their video counterparts.
- Instead of a virtual dealer, you have a live dealer handing out the cards.
- The gameplay is then streamed online, reaching your favorite device.
- You can take your (virtual) seat at a table among other online players.
- Your hand is then played against the dealers’, following a predefined set of rules.
- Most games even offer a live chat where you can talk to the hosts and players.
However, the gameplay itself is quite similar, with casinos offering the same type of blackjack games (multi-hand vs single hand; low-entry vs high-roller tables).
Two industry giants develop the most beloved Bitcoin blackjack games:
- NetEnt: Although NetEnt specialize in slot machines, they don’t let other casino games take a backseat. The live blackjack range is quite popular as well, including a common draw version of the game.
- Evolution Gaming: The undisputed market-leader, Evolution offers a vast range of blackjack games with friendly dealers and high production values.
Therefore, we recommend Bitcoin casinos where at least one of the two previously mentioned game studios are available.
Wondering why BC.Game dropped in the ranking?
Well, while Cloudbet and Stake have both providers (NetEnt and Evolution Gaming), BC.Game only offers Evolution Gaming tables. Their amazing selection of blackjack makes up for it, but we’d still love to see our favorite games on there.
Dapps or decentralized apps are applications, built on the blockchain. This means they can:
- Provide provably fair games and ensure provable fairness by design.
- Share profits with their users (most do it through a proprietary token).
- Offer low house edges and excellent RTP.
And, as an added benefit, most Dapps allow you to play straight out of your wallet. There is no need to deposit crypto – just connect your favorite wallet.
So, are there any good blackjack Dapps? We’re so glad you asked:
Our #1 blackjack Dapp, EarnBet offers all provably fair games with simple design, but amazing RTPs.
EarnBet’s virtual blackjack has a meager 0.5% house edge (bringing your RTP to 99.5%) and it gives you a chance to win the jackpot, too.
To play for the jackpot:
- Bet 0.00000375 BTC on any EarnBet game (including blackjack).
- Click the “Jackpot” box.
- You’ll pay 0.000025 BTC to enter the competition.
- Spin and keep your fingers crossed.
If you spin a 7,777,777, you get the Golden Ticket – and, yes, the full jackpot amount!
Try out EarnBet today:
More Blackjack Dapps
One of the best Bitcoin blackjack Dapps is PlayRoyal, which offers a video blackjack game alongside slot machines and other popular table games.
Unusually for a Dapp, the product is available in several languages:
Apart from the normal share of the dividends you can usually win at Dapps, PlayRoyal also comes with several competitions to win cryptocurrency prizes.
It’s not a stretch to assume that a Dapp called Blackjack is all about… well, blackjack, of course.
Unsurprisingly, there are no other games on offer here – just a straightforward video blackjack game.
It might be a bit reductive, but it’s all you need if you’re looking for a Dapp where you can win a share of the dividends playing blackjack.
How To Choose A Good Casino For Blackjack
Now that we covered our casino favorites, let’s discuss how to find your own.
All our recommended casinos are great places for you to play Bitcoin blackjack, but some might be better suited to your gameplay than others.
It’s important you feel good when playing blackjack online, and if you do so with cryptocurrencies, there are a couple more things to consider.
We’re going to leave you a few tips that will help you decide whether or not the casino you have your eyes on is the right fit for you.
Decide What’s Important For You
It’s good to ask yourself what’s matters to you when playing blackjack with Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies.
- Do you value variety in games?
Would you rather have more bonuses available?
Are provably fair games important?
- Do you want many payment options or your favorite cryptocurrency is enough?
It’s never a bad idea for you to make a list of priorities and then opt for a casino that ticks those boxes.
Find Information Online
Online forums and social networks can be reliable sources of information about online casinos.
Often, you can find insightful comments detailing, first-hand, how it is to play there. Just make sure you take what you read with a grain of salt since lucky winning streaks or bad losses can heavily influence people’s opinions.
- A good rule-of-thumb is to follow the general consensus. If most users say that a casino is good or bad, then you’re more likely to have that same experience.
Comparison sites and professional reviewers such as ours can also be a good way to learn about Bitcoin blackjack casinos and find useful tips. Of course, we’re not afraid to tell you to look at different websites as well and, just as with forums, follow the consensus.
Try It Out
Browsing the web searching for information is always a good idea, but there’s nothing like trying a casino for yourself.
- Most video blackjack games have a ‘play for free‘ mode where you can take them for a spin even before making a deposit.
- With live blackjack games, it can be a bit trickier to test the games for free, but some casinos do offer no deposit bonuses or generous welcome bonuses.
However, do remember that blackjack games usually don’t count 100% towards the bonus wagering requirements.
You won’t quite get the real Bitcoin blackjack experience until you sign up, however. There’s no way to know for sure if payments are as fast and hassle-free as a casino claims without depositing your own cryptos:
Playing Blackjack With Cryptocurrencies
There is more than just Bitcoin blackjack in this world.
Since more and more players are choosing to gamble with all types of cryptocurrencies, online casinos are starting to offer them regularly.
- Bitcoin Cash
Even altcoins and branded tokens (such as True Flip’s exclusive True Flip Token) are becoming more common in the world of online casinos, which is great news for MetaMask and ERC-20 token enthusiasts.
Dapps are a bit more restrictive when it comes to accepted forms of payment. It’s common to find Dapps that only support a single currency, Tron being the most common.
Is Bitcoin Blackjack Safe? What About Other Cryptos?
If you’re new to the world of blockchain casinos and cryptocurrencies, they can seem a bit daunting at first.
After all, there is an inherent risk of paying with them since their value can (and often does) fluctuate, and there are many technical words used to describe them.
However, playing blackjack with Bitcoin and other cryptos isn’t that different from playing it with fiat money, especially if you follow these rules of thumb:
- Choose licensed casinos with an outstanding reputation.
- Play provably fair games and games from reputable providers.
- Choose a stablecoin such as Tether if you’re worried about value fluctuation.
- Know your limits and play for fun.
Learn about the legal status of crypto casinos in your country of origin.
What’s more, depositing and withdrawing at blockchain casinos can be even safer and more comfortable at blockchain casinos than at regular casinos:
- Transactions allow for a higher degree of anonymity, so your personal data is safer
- Payments are faster and hassle-free
- There are no third parties involved, such as banks and financial institutions, that could compromise the transactions.
Before you jump into a heated game, let’s review the rules of blackjack:
The core mechanics of a blackjack game – in brick-and-mortar casinos, online casinos, and Dapps alike – are relatively simple:
- You start with two cards and then are dealt a card at a time until you win, lose, or forfeit.
- Your goal is to reach a total of 21 points (or as close to it as possible).
- You can never get above 21 points, or you will ‘bust’ and immediately lose the game.
- To make the game a bit more competitive, you’re always playing against a real or virtual dealer.
- The dealer will start with one face-up and one face-down card and play following the same rules as you (although they might be further restricted, more on that below).
If you ever get more than 21 points, the dealer’s hand doesn’t matter. You will always lose.
These rules apply even when playing blackjack on a table with several seats: no matter how many participate in the game, they all play against the dealer, and the game’s outcome has no weight in yours.
At every game of blackjack, each card has an assigned value:
- Cards from 2-10 have their corresponding numerical value: a 2 card is worth 2 points, a 3 card is worth 3 points, etc.
- Jacks, Queens, and Kings (often called ‘face cards) are worth 10 points each.
- The Ace is worth either 1 point or 11 points, whichever is more convenient for the player.
The value of all cards in your hand is added together whenever you’re dealt cards. If it reaches 21, you win! If it gets over that number, you lose.
When playing a hand of blackjack, there are a few calls you can make:
- Bet: Before any cards are dealt, you place your initial bet.
- Hit: After your initial hand of two cards, you can request another one until you stop or you bust. This is called ‘hitting’.
- Stand: You can also decide to stick with the cards you have. Your point total will then be the amount you have on your hand at that point.
- Split Pairs: If you get dealt a starting hand with two identical cards, you can split them into two separate hands and double your initial stake.
- Double-Down: When you think your chances of winning are good, you can double your bet and immediately receive one additional card.
In addition, some blackjack tables offer other, more complex options, such as requesting insurance.
Playing a game of blackjack is really only about one thing: making the right call.
Is There A Winning Bitcoin Blackjack Strategy?
Playing blackjack with Bitcoin isn’t that different from playing it at any other online casino, especially regarding the best strategies.
The first thing to remember is that blackjack is a game of luck.
No strategy is 100% foolproof.
Now that we’ve got that covered, let’s have a look at certain practices that are generally considered to be effective when playing blackjack:
- Hit if the dealer’s card is above your hand total.
- Hit if the dealer’s card is high and your total is low.
- Similarly, stand if the dealer’s card is low and your total is high.
- Splitting a pair of 8s is generally a good idea as well.
- Don’t split a pair of 10s since that would be throwing away a hand of 20 points.
Do you notice a strategy we’re missing? That’s right – it’s the golden rule of blackjack:
Always (always, always) split your aces.
If you get two identically ranked cards (a pair), you can split them into separate hands. Then, you can ask for a new second card for each – but your initial bet should be identical to the original wage.
The rule goes that you should definitely split a pair of aces if you do get them. That’s because, as a starting hand, they’re very unfavorable together. In two hands, they really increase your chances of getting 21. Some brick-and-mortar casinos even limit the times you can do that – that’s because they lose on split aces so often.
Luckily, virtual blackjack doesn’t limit your ace-splitting. So please, always follow the golden rule. You can thank us later!
More controversial methods, such as counting cards, are considered obsolete at online casinos.
Whether you’re just starting or you’re a seasoned blackjack pro, there are a few things you should always keep in mind when playing online blackjack:
- First, make sure the casino is licensed, or that the Dapp is provably fair.
- Second, never wager more money than you can afford. If you’re new to the game, it may be helpful to watch a few games before playing yourself, and to play for free in order to get used to the game.
- In blackjack, it is also essential to be aware of the dealer’s visible card and to make the best possible decision based on that information. Charting down possible hands and memorizing the best decisions against the dealer’s card can help increase your chances of winning.
Finally, keep the game pleasant for everyone by avoiding chasing losses and maintaining a positive attitude.
Blackjack is one of the world’s favorite casino games – and card games in general. It’s a relatively simple game to understand, but it’s also one that’s filled with strategy and opportunities for skillful players to make a profit.
If you’re looking to get into blackjack, or if you’re already a fan of the game, Bitcoin blackjack is an amazing thing to try. It offers all of the same thrills of regular blackjack, with the added benefits of being played with Bitcoin. Not only is it a great way to use your Bitcoin, but it’s also an opportunity to learn more about the game itself.
In fact, Bitcoin blackjack has some of the lowest house edges you’ll find at an online casino – you can get over 99% RTP if you play your cards right.
So, if you’re ready to try your hand at Bitcoin blackjack, make sure to check out our list of the best Bitcoin blackjack casinos: