Updated: November 24, 2022
Let it drip, with a fabulous free BTC faucet!
Look & Feel 5/5
Licensing & Safety 5/5
Game Selection 3/5
Payment Options 4/5
Customer Support 4/5
Wagering Requirement -
No Deposit Bonus Free Faucet
Live Chat Yes
DuckDice is a cryptocurrency-only casino that revolves around a single dice game and (gasp) no welcome bonus. But don't worry: the casino's many exciting promotions and mini-games will keep you entertained. Oh, and there's complete anonymity... and a free faucet too!
Pros & Cons
+100% provably fair
+Tons of cryptos supported
+Large amount of promotions
-No fiat money accepted
-Dormant account fee
No welcome bonus? No problem!
Let’s start with the bad news: yes, it’s true, DuckDice does not offer a welcome bonus.
However, unlike other similar casinos like Primedice, it does have a large variety of promotions for regular and casual users alike. Let’s have a quick look at them:
- Rakeback: this is basically a cashback that returns part of your bet even if you lose. At DuckDice, you can get up to 10% of your stake, depending on your DuckDice Club level. But don’t worry: even players on the first level can get something
- Faucets: win free Bitcoin (and more!) when you outsmart your competition in a quick game of tic-tac-toe.
- Jackpot: have the chance to win ridiculous amounts of Bitcoin if your dice roll is full of sevens.
- Lottery: win tickets (or buy them) for a chance to bag a $100,000 prize.
- Seasonal bonuses: bag a bonus on your birthday or special occasions, like Christmas or Halloween.
- Duck hunt bonus: get your hands on more free BTC for shooting a duck that will randomly appear on DuckDice’s chat.
- Rain: active chat members may be randomly selected to receive small bonuses from time to time.
As you can see, some of these rewards are connected to the DuckDice Club (or VIP club), and you will certainly get better value if you’re higher level. However, there is plenty of fun to be had if you’re a beginner or a casual player!
DuckDice’s Free Faucet
As we’ve mentioned before, there is a free Bitcoin faucet at DuckDice. But it’s not the only one. You can also win free amounts of XRP, Litecoin, Dogecoin, and more!
Taking part is easy, and you can do it right from the start. Here’s all you need to do:
- Sign up at DuckDice.
- Go to the “My Finances” area of your account.
- Click the tap icon that says “Claim”.
- Choose your currency and win a game of tic-tac-toe to win a small amount of Bitcoin.
- When your balance is back to zero, and enough time has passed, you can claim it again!
DuckDice’s faucet is certainly fun and easy to use and, in our opinion, one of the best cryptocurrency faucets currently in the market. The question here is: is it worth it?
The truth is, like any other faucet, the amount of Bitcoin you can win daily is very small. What’s more, you can only claim it if you don’t have any other funds in your account. In fact:
DuckDice explicitly forbids “winning too much”.
“It is forbidden (…) to excessively use Faucet (to have Faucet transactions more than 80% of your total transactions)”
In our experience, it’s similar to a Bitcoin no deposit bonus, like the Free Spins you can get at BitStarz or Fortunejack: it’s good if you’re getting started, to play around and give the casino a spin before you invest your own money, but it’s not a reliable source of funds (or fun!)
DuckDice vs. Primedice: Which Is Better?
When it comes to dice games you can play with Bitcoin, there are two options that stand out from the rest: Primedice, and DuckDice.
Both brands focus on dice games, offer regular BTC jackpots and have no welcome bonus, but, at least when it comes to promotions, that’s where the similarities stop.
The fact is that DuckDice is considerably more generous, perhaps because it simply can’t compete with Primedice’s reputation. It was, after all, one of the first Bitcoin casinos ever.
We compared both brands so you don’t have to. Let’s have a closer look:
|Rakeback||Up To 10%||VIP Only|
|Deposit Bonuses||Upon Invitation||VIP Only|
As you can see, DuckDice offers considerably more promotional variety, and it’s hands-down the brand to choose if you’re looking for a bargain.
Primedice does stand out on one regard, however: its Bitcoin jackpot can go above 100 BTC! If you trust your luck, then go for Primedice instead.
+Too many promotions to list here!
-No welcome bonus
Look & Feel
It's duck hunt season!
Bugs Bunny would be glad: it’s always duck hunt season at DuckDice!
This unusual dice casino is full of the feathered fowl: you can find ducks on its logo, promotional banners, player’s chat, and even on some of the brand’s Bitcoin-paying mini games.
DuckDice Casino Test
As you can see from our banter, we are fans of DuckDice’s theme. We believe it gives the brand some character, and a very unique feel.
But what did we like so much about it?
To put it bluntly: that they weren’t lazy about the casino
DuckDice could have been a very bland Bitcoin casino – after all, there is one game here, dice – but its many mini games and interactive promotions spice things up, and set it apart from the competition. Competitors like Primedice are a fine choice if you just want a simple dice game, but DuckDice is a better choice if you’re looking for something a bit more entertaining.
Some of our favorite features that stood out during the UX test were:
- Speed and responsiveness – we don’t want to get old as we wait for a page to load; DuckDice was smooth and fast-loading throughout the test.
- Smooth graphics that prioritize functionality, but don’t compromise on looks.
- Easy navigation – we were never lost on the website, access to different features was straightforward and user-friendly.
- BTC prize always visible – you can always see the current BTC exchange rate, which is super handy for an online casino.
- No hidden promos – we don’t like it when casinos “hide” promotions in obscure corners of the site; DuckDice has everything out in the open.
The deposit page stood out during the DuckDice casino test, too:
The deposit window is easy to navigate and offers plenty of options. We liked that DuckDice doesn’t add extra steps for finding the Bitcoin wallet address.
Notice how the customer support button is also easy to access.
Finally, our DuckDice mobile test was also very impressive:
DuckDice’s Mobile Experience
At the moment, there is no mobile app at DuckDice. The website, however, is fully optimized for smartphones.
We tested DuckDice’s loading speed on different handheld devices, and found that the website loaded fast and smoothly even on older, more outdated versions of both iOS and Android systems.
Our only complaint was the integration of the chat system, which, on mobile takes up the whole screen, forcing you to choose between placing a bet, or being active on the chat: you simply can’t do both at the same time. This, of course, means you might miss out on the duck hunt mini game if you’re on your phone.
DuckDice’s Social Features
Like many other Bitcoin casinos, DuckDice is a highly social brand, where interaction with other players is encouraged. You can:
- Talk to other players on the player’s chat. You can sometimes find interesting betting tips there!
Check the latest winners on the live feed at the bottom of the page.
- Stay in the loop by participating in the player’s forum.
- Compete with other players on the tic-tac-toe game that lets you claim your faucets.
Of course, you can also choose to opt out entirely of DuckDice’s more social sides if you value your privacy. For instance, you can choose not to display your bets or wins on the winner’s feed, and hide that you’re online.
+Highly thematic website
+Engaging social features
+Smooth performance on all devices
-No mobile app
Sometimes you just have to roll a hard six!
While promotions come in many different flavors at DuckDice, its games do not.
The name says it all: the only actual casino game available here is a simple, no-frills dice game.
While features like the lottery, the tic-tac-toe faucet mini game, and the Sniper Race (a competition where you can win modest prizes playing against other users) are interactive, they are not casino games in the traditional sense.
This is, of course, a huge drawback if you’re looking for something a bit more versatile. If that’s the case, we recommend you look at other brands with provably fair games, such as Stake or even Roobet.
However, as you may have noticed by now, our DuckDice review rates its Game Selection with a humble but passing grade. Why? Because a casino doesn’t have to offer many games to be a good choice, as long as the games it does offer are good enough.
- The game is 100% provably fair.
- You can choose between auto, manual, and (for more seasoned players) the fast flash mode, depending on your preference.
- The game is uncomplicated and easy to understand yet flexible enough to suit every playstyle (and every wallet).
- It offers a “demo” mode, which you can use to try the game and put new strategies to the test.
- It has a simple animation that you can opt-out from if you’d like a more simplistic playing experience.
As we mentioned when we had a look at DuckDice’s bonus, it’s, in many ways, similar to Primedice. Both brands even have the same 1% house edge!
In our opinion, neither option is necessarily any better or worse, although Primedice’s advanced mode may be more suited for advanced players looking to play around with different automation rules.
+100% provably fair
+1% house edge
Licensing & Safety
Come for the games, stay for the security!
DuckDice is a regulated blockchain casino, with a gambling license from Curaçao.
Unlike other Bitcoin casinos with a similar license, however, DuckDice is fully committed to protecting your privacy, and it offers a completely anonymous online gambling experience.
What’s more, it has a seal of approval from the Crypto Gambling Foundation, an organization that recognizes the best provably fair blockchain casinos.
And yes, of course, this does mean that DuckDice is 100% provably fair!
If you’d like an extra layer of security, we recommend that you set up 2-factor authentication, which is an extra layer of security that is also offered at DuckDice.
Where Is DuckDice Available?
At the moment, DuckDice’s terms and conditions restrict players from a selected group of countries, such as the Netherlands and the United States.
We don’t recommend using a VPN to play from a restricted region, nor if online gambling is against the law in your country or state of residence.
+Crypto gambling foundation seal
-Some restricted countries
Crypto only - but plenty of choice!
If you’re looking for a website that supports fiat payments, you’ve come to the wrong place: at DuckDice, you can only play using cryptocurrencies.
The amount of coins on offer, however, is plentiful. At the time of writing, the following coins were supported:
- Bitcoin Cash
- And more!
As you can see from the variety of coins listed above, DuckDice does go above and beyond most of its direct competitors.
You can also exchange your coins for your native currency directly on the website. Do note that while the brand claims that they offer “the best exchange rates”, that’s often not the case. It’s a handy feature to have, and we even listed it as a pro, but you’re basically paying for convenience!
DuckDice also supports fiat money withdrawals in the following currencies:
- Ukrainian Hryvnia (UAH)
- Russian Rubles (RUB)
- American Dollars (USD)
- Euro (EUR)
Do note that DuckDice charges a “dormancy fee” for older, inactive accounts: if you don’t log in for more than 6 months, the casino will start deducting small amounts of cryptocurrency from your outstanding balance. If you know that you won’t be active for a long time, do remember to withdraw any money you may still have on your account.
Payment Speed And Safety
DuckDice claims that withdrawals may take up to 48 hours to be processed, especially in cases of a security check. We experienced no delays when trying to withdraw our cryptocurrency winnings.
Fiat withdrawals are a different matter: they can take several days to you, depending on your choice of payment provider. For that reason (and to avoid exchange fees), we suggest you withdraw directly in your coin of choice.
As for deposits, you can expect a 5-10 minute waiting time, depending on the speed of the blockchain network.
Deposits and Withdrawal Fees At DuckDice
While DuckDice does not require you to pay any fees to the casino itself on withdrawals, you may have to pay a transaction fee to cover the cost of the blockchain transaction, which is a standard procedure at blockchain casinos.
The brand does offer you some flexibility when it comes to these fees: you can either pay a higher fee for a speedier transaction, or choose to wait and pay a much smaller fee.
There are also minimum withdrawal limit, which varies per cryptocurrency. Here’s what it looks like for the major cryptos:
+Large variety of coins available
+On-site currency exchange
+Flexible fees for speedier withdrawals
-No fiat money
-Blockchain transaction fees
-Fee for dormant accounts
DuckDice has perhaps one of the best onboarding journeys to its website, with a new-player tutorial and a demo version that allows you to play test the dice game even before you open an account.
If you come across any issues, you can also contact the website’s customer support team, which is available via:
- Live chat (in English and Russian only)
- Website form (more languages supported)
Do note that, unlike most other blockchain casino brands, the live chat support is not available round the clock, although you can always use the other support channels at your disposal.
We’re happy to report, however, that they have been improving in that domain. The live support isn’t quite 24/7 yet, but it’s pretty close and response times have improved over time.
If you need a quick fix, the live chat support is an excellent option. In our experience, however, more complex issues are better handled via email.
Additionally, DuckDice also has a comprehensive FAQ and help centre, where you can find guidance on some of the most common issues players experience on the website.
DuckDice is a very social brand, which is also active on the following platforms:
That said, we have to acknowledge some of their controversies over time. There is a Bitcointalk reputation thread that details the issues, but essentially they’ve been:
- Mishandling a situation where a player had made profit by playing through the deposit bonus but then (for some reason) cancelled the bonus; DuckDice initially didn’t refund the original balance, although eventually they fixed it.
- Multi-account bans – a user had been accused of using DuckDice to promote child pornography; DuckDice banned him on all associated accounts without proper investigation (given how serious the accusations were, this didn’t go over too well.)
- Withdrawal reviews – some people have had their withdrawals flagged by the system and slowed down, triggering scam accusations.
- Accidentaly won 3+ BTC? You can’t have it. – DuckDice had an issue with the rain bot and 10 users received 3.11 BTC. Because this had been a bug, the casino took the money back. This is perfectly fine per the ToC, but it’s still no fun to those who got the money.
There have been a few more situations where people accused DuckDice of mishandling their case. But here’s the thing:
As much as we love Bitcointalk, take these reviews with a grain of salt.
All reviews (including ours) are subjective by design. The people who won and lost 3.11 BTC? It can’t have been nice, but it’s not actually a scam.
Does this mean we distrust all Bitcointalk users? Not at all!
We thoroughly respect the community out there and their commitment to supporting quality casinos. In the case of DuckDice, they seem to have followed procedure but responded standoffishly at first – which brought a lot of hate their way.
What is our takeaway from the situation? We don’t think DuckDice is a scam, but we’re not fans of how they’ve handled the issues, either.
The good news? They seem to have learned – now their customer support is better, the team’s responsiveness has grown, and they’re even more active on socials. Win-win in our book!
+Many social support platforms
-Support channels only in English and Russian
-Live chat not available 24/7
Let us know what you think about DuckDice!
Post your review
Everybody will see your review
Have any questions?
1. Open an account (you can do so with your Google email!)
2. Make a cryptocurrency deposit or use the faucet feature
3. Choose your bet and roll the dice!
1. Claim the free faucet first.
2. Use the free coins to play test the dice game.
3. Play around with the bet types. Try the lowest winning chances first with a better payout (you're playing with free money after all!), then adjust if you feel uncomfortable with the low odds.
After a few rounds of testing, you should have found the bet type that better suits your playstyle!
About the author