So, you decided you want to try your luck at a Bitcoin casino. Good call!
Bitcoin casinos have been growing exponentially in the past few years and for a good reason. When you gamble with Bitcoin, you can enjoy better house edges, more data privacy, and unique bonuses… plus, the comfort of playing from anywhere in the world.
Not sure how to get started? We’re here to help – because we know it can be tricky! We tested all the top Bitcoin casinos and came up with a 2023 roundup of the best options.
Best Bitcoin Casinos
Before we get into the nitty-gritties, here’s a sneak peek of what’s to come:
- Stake – best BTC casino overall
- BC.Game – best Bitcoin game selection
- Rocketpot – excellent original games
- Cloudbet – top Bitcoin welcome bonus
- Metaspins – best BTC casino rakeback
- Duelbits – great for mobile players
- Thunderpick – best for Bitcoin lotteries
- Vave – best VIP casino
- Crashino – top-tier BTC crash game
- Bets.io – best for fast Bitcoin cashouts
You’ve seen our top picks, now it’s time to dig into what exactly makes each of them the best in the biz – starting with our favorite choice:
Founded in: 2017
Best For: Provably fair Bitcoin gaming
Pros & Cons
- Huge variety of casino games, including provably fair options
- Transparency – you can see the house edge on all games
- Exchange rate always visible on the website
- On-site chat with a vibrant community
- 15+ provably fair games with verifiable outcomes
❌ KYC may be required (in certain circumstances)
❌ No welcome bonus, but plenty giveaways and benefits
After rigorous testing, we established that Stake is the best Bitcoin casino in 2023. Not only does it enjoy a rock-solid reputation, but it also boasts a massive games library with transparent limits and RTPs. On the matter of transparency, Stake also has 15+ provably fair titles that you can’t find anywhere else.
There’s also something to be said about the casino’s vibrant community of players, showcased by its huge social media following and inclusive on-site chat.
Stake Casino is also all about bonuses, and they’re really good about refreshing their offerings to keep you on your toes. Picture regular giveaways plus daily, weekly, and monthly tournaments.
And this is just the tip of the iceberg. You can find out more in our Stake Casino review, but if you’re already convinced, sign up here:
Founded in: 2017
Best For: Game variety
Pros & Cons
- Up to 5 BTC wins on the daily wheel spin (for free)
- Four-part welcome bonus, in the form of deposit matches
- Cryptocurrency exchange at the casino
- Low house edge and maximum RTP
- 20 provably fair games, developed in-house
- Social features like an active player chat and rewards for participating
❌ Possible KYC (upon withdrawal)
❌ English-only live chat, but the site is available in 14 languages
BC.Game is renowned for its massive game selection (8,000+) and unique bonuses for new and existing players alike. From task bonuses, carnivals, tournaments, egg hunts – and pretty much everything in between – BC.Game has it all.
Recently, they even brought back their famous BC.Game welcome bonus that rewards you handsomely on your first four deposits. Pretty amazing, right?
BC.Game is also incredibly crypto-first, offering 65 cryptos in total. The casino even has its own token, BCD, (with a value equivalent to 1 USDT). There’s a lot more to love about this comprehensive casino, and you can read all about it in our dedicated BC.Game review.
Ready to grab that legendary welcome bonus? Don’t let us stop you:
Founded in: 2019
Best For: Original BTC games
Pros & Cons
- 100% match deposit up to 1 BTC, on your first deposit
- Original games developed by the brand
- On-site exchange, where you can buy crypto with fiat
❌ 3x wagering fee, on all deposits
❌ Withdrawal fees (for certain coins)
Rocketpot stands out for its generous welcome bonus and 10% daily Cashback. It’s also the perfect site for players who are new to the world of crypto, thanks to readily available on-site exchange. More importantly, it’s hard not to sit back and admire Rocketpot’s selection of superb original and thrilling games.
There’s much more to learn about this site, and you can do so by checking out our in-depth Rocketpot Casino review. Alternatively, if you’ve already heard enough, you can start your journey here:
Founded in: 2013
Best For: Welcome bonuses
Pros & Cons
- Welcome bonus of 100% match up to 5 BTC, and other enticing promotions
- Stellar reputation and 10 years of experience
- Excellent game selection, from the industry’s best providers
❌ KYC may be required (no anonymity)
❌ Welcome bonus released in increments, so you won’t get all your bonus funds upfront
❌ Potential handling fee on deposits
Cloudbet is one of the oldest names in the game, boasting an untarnished reputation despite its age. It’s well-loved by the Bitcoin gambling community and is present on all the major player channels. Let’s not forget the casino’s massive welcome bonus, perfect for high rollers and budget-savvy players alike.
For some time, we suspected that Cloudbet had something exciting up its sleeve, and we were right: the new Cloudbet Marketplace. Here, you can work your way towards fantastic rewards, such as Rolex watches and private island getaways.
The casino has much more in its arsenal of offerings, and you can dig into them in our dedicated Cloudbet review.
If you’re ready to sign up, great! Here’s where to do so:
Founded in: 2022
Best For: BTC rakeback bonuses
Pros & Cons
- 100% deposit match up to 1 BTC as a welcome bonus
- Up to 60% rakeback for regulars (but you can easily work your way up)
- No wagering requirements on the rakeback
- Provably fair and blockchain-forward (a.k.a using trustworthy algorithms to ensure random numbers, boosting transparency)
❌ 7-day deposit timeframe, during which you need to complete the 25x rollover requirements
❌ Withdrawal fees from partnered exchanges
Although Metaspins hasn’t even been around for a year, it’s already built a stellar reputation. Its solid Curaçao license certainly helps, but we’re still on the lookout for arising issues. So far, we haven’t found any. Our favorite thing about Metaspins? Its enormous 60% rakeback, of course.
Metaspins also has a diverse selection of games, around 2,500+, which is enough to satisfy even the pickiest of players. Granted, it’s not as big as BC.Game’s game library, which features over 8,000 titles. But since Metaspins is so new, they’ll likely get up to speed in a year or two.
Ready to deposit and claim your 100% deposit match? Sign up here:
Founded in: 2020
Best For: Mobile-friendliness
Pros & Cons
- 50% Cashback after registering and making a deposit
- Regular tournaments, on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis
- Mobile-friendly (performs excellently on all mobile operating systems)
- 3,000 slots, from a variety of providers
❌ No traditional welcome bonus, just the Cashback
❌ Minimum withdrawal limits and fees (for certain cryptos)
❌ Possible KYC for larger amounts
Duelbits is one of our most recent additions to our list of the top BTC casinos – and for good reason. The casino enjoys a fantastic reputation, and with its massive selection of slots, it’s a slots aficionado’s dream come true.
We were also impressed by how well Duelbits runs on mobile, which is incredibly important. Why? Well, most of us play at Bitcoin mobile casinos thanks to easier transactions and being able to play anytime, anywhere.
We weren’t overly happy to discover that although Duelbits has an on-site exchange, you can only use it to purchase ETH. In the future, we’d like to see Bitcoin added to the exchange platform.
You can mosey on over to our Duelbits review if you’re curious to learn more. But, if you’re ready to sign up, do so here:
Founded in: 2017
Best For: Bitcoin lotteries
Pros & Cons
- Excellent lottery games library
- Two welcome bonuses (one for casino and sports, and another for eSports)
- Several provably fair games, like Crash and Spin
❌ Withdrawal limits on all cryptos
❌ Possible KYC, so you may have to compromise anonymity
Fancy trying your luck at a Bitcoin lottery game? Thunderpick’s your best bet. This casino has a fantastic selection of lottery titles, with varying volatilities, coupled with above-average RTPs. Chances are, you’ll find all your favorite lottery titles made by industry giants like Evoplay, Wazdan, and Spinomenal.
Aside from the lottery selection, there’s a lot more to this casino than meets the eye. For your convenience, we divulged all the details in our Thunderpick review.
Can’t wait to try out the various lottery games on offer? Start here:
Founded in: 2022
Best For: VIP programs
Pros & Cons
- Substantial welcome bonus (100% deposit match up to 1 BTC + 100 free spins)
- Two VIP programs that are non-exclusive
- 6,000+ slots, from household name providers
- Extra certification from the Crypto Gambling Foundation Certification
❌ No provably fair games, which would be a welcome addition in the future
❌ Not very social, thanks to the lack of an on-site player chat
❌ High wagering requirements for the welcome bonus (x40)
New kid on the block, Vave burst into the scene with a startling offering of slots, and welcomes players with open arms with a generous sign-up deal. In our detailed Vave Casino review, you’ll find that the site also offers a phenomenal user interface and seamless navigation.
With all the casino does so well, we’re inclined to forgive the high wagering requirements and missing player chat. Are you?
Founded in: 2022
Best For: Crash games
Pros & Cons
- Welcome bonus consisting of 300 free spins
- Multiple Crash variants (10+)
- 110+ software providers to choose from
- No deposit bonus available in the form of free spins
- 40+ provably fair games with verifiable outcomes
❌ High minimum withdrawal limit of $50
❌ No license (yet)
❌ KYC may be required
Famous for its impressive Crash selection, Crashino is making waves in the BTC casino scene. Add in the massive selection of provably fair games, and you’ve got a pretty sweet deal.
The only problem? Crashino doesn’t have a license yet. This isn’t unheard of, and many of our top casinos don’t have licenses, especially if they’re Bitcoin Dapps.
Despite the fact that it’s riding license-less, Crashino is perfectly safe and secure – as assured by the budding reputation of reliability, showcased by many user reviews we checked out. Our Crashino Casino review provides some more insight on how the casino handles security and user data, if you’re interested.
Ready to have a blast with your favorite Crash variation? Crashino’s your best bet:
Founded in: 2021
Best For: Fast Bitcoin transactions
Pros & Cons
- Generous welcome bonus (100% deposit match up to 1 BTC + 100 free spins)
- Quick cashout, with an 11-minute average during our tests
- Daily Cashback (20% of your day’s deposits)
- Lavish VIP program which you join upon registration
❌ Cashout limits attached to bonus winnings
❌ No responsible gambling resources or self-exclusion tools
❌ 40x wagering requirements on the welcome bonus
Bets.io is a well-recognized Bitcoin casino with a steady stream of ongoing promotions and an extensive game library to boot. New players are welcomed with a substantial sign-up bonus, and existing players can enjoy the 20% daily Cashback – though both have some strings attached.
Despite all the glitz and glamor, we couldn’t help but notice the site’s failure to provide responsible gambling resources. We’re also not huge fans of the cashout limits on bonus winnings. But don’t let us put you off completely, there’s a lot to be said about what this casino does do well, and you can read all about it in our in-depth Bets.io review.
Undeterred? Sign up here:
How we Choose the Best Bitcoin Casinos
Still with us? Great. We’ve covered a lot of ground so far, revealing what makes each of our top picks so special. Now it’s time to justify our selection.
There are several factors to consider when choosing which casinos are worthy of your money, especially if you’re playing with cryptocurrencies.
- Do they offer provably fair games?
- Are they available in your language?
- Are they trustworthy?
- What bonuses do they offer so you can get more value for your money?
- Can you play anonymously?
Finding all this information can be a bit overwhelming.
That’s why we’re here.
We regularly assess the most popular Bitcoin casinos and rate them on key factors like game selection, bonuses, payment options, safety, and how helpful is their customer support.
We Don’t Just List Bitcoin Casinos: We Test Them
So, why should you trust our Bitcoin casino reviews? Because they’re based on experience – not just recycling old information. We’re constantly on the lookout for new Bitcoin casinos to keep our list fresh, and this is how we review them:
✔️ We create real accounts anonymously.
And not just one: several. Even though a single person writes most of our reviews, our entire team helps test the Bitcoin casinos. Why? Because we believe that all playing experiences are subjective, including those of seasoned reviewers such as ourselves.
✔️We deposit, using our own money.
Faucets and free bonuses are great, but there’s nothing like having something real at stake if you’re trying to evaluate a casino. We also look at the different deposit methods available and how fast and easy (or not) the whole process is. And, of course, we redeem deposit bonuses (if available) to understand if they are worth your time.
✔️ We play. We win. We lose.
When playtesting a casino, we try out as many games as possible. We accept our losses and rejoice with every winning spin or perfectly placed bet. Then, we try to withdraw our winnings.
Does the casino unnecessarily complicate the process? Do they hold our money? Are there any cumbersome wagering requirements? Our reviews find answers to these questions based on our real-life experiences.
✔️We evaluate Bitcoin compatibility.
For every coin-specific review, we make sure to look into compatibility specifics. Bitcoin players don’t look for the same things Ethereum online casino lovers or USDT gamblers do – so why should we? For our Bitcoin casino ranking, we gave extra points for providing live exchange rates on the website, generous BTC bonuses, and unique games.
✔️We talk to customer support.
Does the casino have a live chat? How many languages do they speak? Do they provide fast and relevant answers? When reviewing a casino, we chat with the customer support team looking for the answers to those questions. Why? Because they help us assess how professional, transparent, and trustworthy a blockchain casino is.
✔️ We look into the Bitcoin casino’s reputation.
Before signing off on any of our reviews, we lurk around on cryptocurrency forums looking for real player opinions. We also check what the competition says about them and read as many user reviews as possible. Even if our experience were positive, we would let you know if the consensus disagreed. We also check to see if the site has good standings in the community when it comes to BTC casino security protocols.
✔️We do local-specific tests.
Casinos have geo-restrictions. What works for Aussie players might not be an option in Canada. That’s why we also do local-specific testing. We fire up the VPNs and pack our virtual suitcases.
In local testing, we make sure the casino works in that country, that they don’t have self-exclusion criteria, and look for perks specific to that country.
Casino Games You Can Play With Bitcoin
Welcome to the wide, wild world of Bitcoin casino games. That’s what you’re really here for, right?
From white-knuckle-inducing games like Crash and Plinko, to classics like slots and poker, BTC casinos pretty much have it all. Some even have original games that you won’t find anywhere else.
But let’s not get ahead of ourselves. For now, we’ll start by unpacking some of the exciting options you’ll come across at the top Bitcoin casinos:
The beloved crypto Crash game has quickly become a Bitcoin casino staple, with multiple variants popping up at all of our favorite sites.
This specialty game simulates the crypto market – where you can bet on a growing multiplier and stand a chance to win monumental amounts. Exciting is an understatement!
Our top two BTC casinos, Stake and BC.Game, even have their own original and provably fair crypto crash games that you can’t play anywhere else.
This gameshow-turned-crypto game of chance is another Bitcoin casino must-have. In Bitcoin Plinko, you’ll drop a ball down a pyramid of virtual pegs and if you’re lucky, it will land in the perfect slot (a.k.a the highest multiplier).
This game is perfect for low and high-ballers alike, and you’ll find it at all the hottest crypto gambling sites. Our favorite Bitcoin Plinko game?
- BC.Game’s original and provably fair Plinko title!
Other Bitcoin Casino Games
While Crash and Plinko are currently the stars of the BTC casino show, there are plenty more games out there just waiting to be enjoyed. These include favorites like:
- Slots: This classic casino game has come a long way. Today, Bitcoin slots are the bread-and-butter of any crypto casino, well-loved by players from all walks of life.
- Poker: No need to practice your poker face for the best poker games at BTC casinos. Today, you can play all sorts of poker variants – with an added blockchain twist. Tournaments, virtuals, and live poker games are just a few versions you can get your hands on.
- Blackjack: Are you a natural when it comes to blackjack? You can enjoy all the best parts of this classic game and enhance your experience with the fast and fee-less transactions guaranteed by playing BTC blackjack.
- Roulette: Another staple at our favorite casinos, roulette is that famous game of chance and dreams. As Einstein said, ‘You cannot beat a roulette table unless you steal money from it‘, but he clearly wasn’t factoring luck into the equation. With Lady Luck on your side, Bitcoin roulette can be a fantastic way to make a neat profit.
- Provably fair games: Picture some of your favorite casino past-times, plus the added fact of knowing they’re unequivocally fair. Provably fair Bitcoin gambling is one way to make sure each outcome is random and 100% fair. Casinos like Stake, BC.Game, and Rocketpot are famous for their selections of provably fair, original games.
Bitcoin Casino Bonuses
One way to increase your odds and maximize fun while playing your favorite BTC casino games? Bonuses!
Nothing beats playing at a gambling site offering juicy Bitcoin casino bonuses. Some casinos offer them for your first deposit alone, while others reward you for longer with ongoing promotions and VIP programs that help you get more bang for your buck.
There’s a plethora of different bonuses up for grabs at the top casinos accepting Bitcoin, but let’s focus on the most popular of the lot:
- Welcome Bonus: Some casinos welcome players with more than a simple “hello”. Many of the top crypto casinos offer substantial Bitcoin welcome bonuses to new players upon their first deposit. While these deals can consist of a package of a bunch of smaller bonuses, the sign-up bonuses take the form of match deposits.
- No Deposit Bonus: The holy grail of Bitcoin casinos. Extremely rare, but still out there, Bitcoin no deposit bonuses are rewards given to players before they have to deposit. They usually come in the form of free spins and play money, so you’ll need to deposit something eventually if you want to reap the rewards.
- Free Spins: This one pretty much speaks for itself! Bitcoin free spins are a slots enthusiast’s dream come true, and they’re often packaged up in sign-up or no deposit bonuses.
- Faucets: Bitcoin faucets hand out ‘free’ Bitcoin to players. Picture a tap (that leaks instead of flows) of small amounts of Bitcoin at a casino. Usually, players can regularly collect their free BTC, but rollover requirements do apply.
- VIP Programs: Bitcoin casino VIP programs are loyalty programs designed to reward and incentivize players to play regularly. VIP members can enjoy perks such as higher deposit and withdrawal limits, personalized customer support, access to exclusive games and tournaments, Cashback bonuses, and even luxury gifts or travel packages depending on their level of VIP status.
Bitcoin Gambling: Pros and Cons
When they first emerged, Bitcoin casinos were a bit of a novelty. To most gamblers, they were too niche.
However, now that they’re more established, more and more players betting on Bitcoin as their currency of choice for gambling.
Bitcoin Gambling Is Growing
3.04 BTC are wagered every minute – and 319 bets accumulate every second.
As the world’s first and most prominent cryptocurrency, BTC isn’t hard to find at any modern online casino. Name recognition matters; Bitcoin is so mainstream, world-renowned payment providers such as Paypal now accept it as a currency.
But there is more to this coin than its name alone, and many more benefits to gambling with it when compared to traditional fiat gambling sites. There are plenty of other advantages to gambling with Bitcoin:
- Privacy – Bitcoin is decentralized and works without bank interference. This makes it much more private than traditional online casinos that use fiat, since there is no middle-man with access to your data. You can protect your information further by playing at an anonymous BTC casino.
- Cheaper transactions – Bitcoin transactions are less expensive than fiat money (or other cryptos like Ethereum). Some casinos will still charge you for withdrawals, while others (like True Flip) don’t have any transaction fees whatsoever.
- Lower house edges – since they operate online, Bitcoin casinos have lower operating costs than your traditional casino. This allows them to maintain a much lower house edge (house edge is how the casino makes money) and increase the return-to-player.
- Unique games – Bitcoin casinos have introduced several one-of-a-kind games into the gambling world. Check out Crash and Plinko to get a taste! As a comparison, most of your run-of-the-mill gambling sites rely on old casino games to entertain players.
- Better bonuses – Bitcoin bonuses are much more enticing than their fiat counterparts. For instance, BTC casinos often offer a 1 BTC equivalent to the $1,000 match bonuses you’d find at your typical online casino.
- Investment opportunity – if you’re looking to gamble with Bitcoin, chances are you know at least a little about the currency. The crypto world is growing and BTC started it all. Using Bitcoin is a vote of trust in the currency and the larger crypto landscape. And, since the coin’s value has been increasing for the past few years, it’s also an opportunity to increase your earnings.
Even with all these perks, Bitcoin gambling isn’t without its downsides:
❌ Price fluctuations can put your money at risk. Large dips in BTC’s value are fairly common (though the coin bounces back up in the long run), so you could end up losing a portion of your wins.
❌ Know Your Customer checks or KYCs are identity verification procedures that most Bitcoin casinos have to run. This effectively erases your anonymity, but it is a guarantee of the casino’s reputation.
❌ Technical know-how – you need to set up a Bitcoin wallet, buy crypto on an exchange, and make sure to protect your BTC (by safeguarding the passwords and seed phrases for example), etc.
Do we still think Bitcoin casinos are worth it? Absolutely. And chances are, if you’re still here, you do too. Unconvinced? Just wait until we get into the details of how easy deposits and withdrawals are.
Deposits And Withdrawals
So, you want to play with Bitcoin. How do you go about depositing – and, when you’ve made a profit – cashing out? We won’t keep you in suspense:
Much like with fiat, it starts with your wallet. Popular cryptocurrency wallets include Coinbase, Electrum, and offline options like Trezor and Ledger. Note that Metamask, which Ethereum fans love, doesn’t support Bitcoin.
Keep in mind that Bitcoin transactions should be verified by the blockchain.
When you send your money, it goes into a block. Miners solve a complex equation that verifies the block and sends it to the public ledger.
The Bitcoin network can handle around 7 transactions per second, but that speed can vary. During busy periods, your deposit can take some time to arrive. If you don’t immediately see the money in your account, don’t panic. Give the ledger some time to update – soon, your deposit will be ready.
Just about ready to make your deposit? We’ve got a step-by-step guide to making a fuss-free Bitcoin casino deposit that should help you get started in no time.
What happens when it’s time to cash out?
The casino will ask for your wallet address and send the money. But, there might be a hitch:
We’ve already explained that some casinos have KYC checks. Depending on their license, this might be a requirement – or simply a policy they’ve decided to implement. Either way, this means two things:
- You’re not 100% anonymous at all Bitcoin casinos.
- They could refuse the withdrawal if you provide false information.
Come again? They could decide not to pay you?!?
Yes, Bitcoin casinos can refuse to pay out. But there’s plenty you can do to avoid that happening. Mostly:
🚫 Don’t submit fake documentation
🚫 Don’t make multiple accounts
🚫 Don’t try to circumvent wagering requirements
Another requirement for being able to withdraw is actually having a profit to draw out. Since playing at Bitcoin casinos is all about luck, generating a decent profit isn’t always as simple as it might seem. If you’re looking for a helping hand, our guide to making a profit from Bitcoin gambling might do the trick.
Are Bitcoin Casinos Legal?
Short answer: Yes, Bitcoin casinos are legal.
When Bitcoin first became known to the public, many raised concerns over its legality. After all, such a decentralized and anonymous currency could (and did) attract wrongdoers. So it’s normal to wonder if Bitcoin gambling sites themselves are legal, legitimate, and safe.
At first, many unlicensed and illegal casinos popped up all over the internet. They accepted payments and then vanished into thin air, which was possible because, without a license, they were virtually untraceable.
This gave Bitcoin casinos somewhat of a bad reputation, but it also convinced legitimate businesses that they had to get regulated if they wanted to be taken seriously. Players also learned to only trust casinos with a reputable licenses.
What Makes a Bitcoin Casino Legal?
There are three main factors that affect Bitcoin casino legality:
- Licensing – Whether or not a casino is licensed makes a big difference when it comes to safety and legality. Licenses assure a casino is trustworthy. They also verify the validity of game rounds and transactions. An example of a popular BTC casino license is the Curaçao license, which is recognized across the globe. Another example is the Malta license, which is valid mostly throughout Europe.
- Local legislation – Even if the license is okay, your local laws might be against BTC gambling. Some countries have banned online gambling altogether, with or without Bitcoin and other cryptos. Others have state or city-level regulations that might make gambling legal or illegal.
- Wallet restrictions – Finally, you should also ensure your crypto wallet supports Bitcoin payments to gambling websites. Most BTC-friendly wallets are on-board with it, but it’s always good to check the T&Cs, and do some independent research.
Bitcoin casinos offer an exciting and unique gambling experience, where players can enjoy a wide range of games while earning rewards. BTC comes with a bunch of perks for gamblers:
- Lower transaction fees save you money.
- Casinos offer lower house edges since their business costs are also lower.
- BTC payments are anonymous and secured by the blockchain.
- Crypto-unique games offer yet more ways to play.
At this point, you’re pretty much a Bitcoin casino aficionado. As long as you’re smart about gambling, Bitcoin casinos can be a fun way to spend your time and money. Just be sure to do your research before choosing a casino to play at, and always remember to gamble responsibly.